Answers to your FAQs about the CA STEAM Symposium
1) What is the STEAM Symposium?
The STEAM Symposium is the largest gathering of STEAM educators in California, bringing together more than 3,000 teachers, administrators, students, higher-education representatives, program providers, and philanthropic and industry partners to learn how to improve STEAM teaching in schools, alongside the business sector, and throughout communities. With a focus on professional learning, this two-day conferences provides hands-on strategies and resources for best practices that support high-quality STEAM education for all students.
Co-hosted by Californians Dedicated to Education Foundation, the California Department of Education and the California Commission on the Status of Women & Girls, the 7th Annual California STEAM Symposium will take place on December 9-10, 2018 at the Anaheim Convention Center!
2) Is the STEAM Symposium the same thing as the STEM Symposium?
Yes. We began incorporating Art into what was previously called the STEM Symposium with the 2017 California STEAM Symposium. Like many of our partners in the field, we are embracing the curiosity, self-expression, teamwork, and design thinking which help young innovators thrive. We also continue to spotlight access and inclusion for all while elevating girls and students of color as future leaders -- principles core to our shared success.
3) What does the cost of registration include?-Daily General Session KeynotesYou can find the event schedule here.
4) Where can I find the W-9?
Please note our address has changed:
Californians Dedicated to Education Foundation260 Main St., Suite 200Redwood City, CA 94063
5) Is there a conference app?Yes. We typically release a conference app close to the start date of the STEAM Symposium.
6) Who do I contact for a press pass?For all press and media inquiries, please contact Neetu Balram, Director of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org